Save the Date for LUSTRE Pearl Trunk Show!
On Saturday, November 14, Laura Jean will be hosting a trunk show featuring LUSTRE freshwater pearls.
Each piece in the LUSTRE collection is hand knotted and hand drilled by a jeweler who specializes in stringing and are strung on fine Leather from Greece. Freshwater pearls come in an array of shapes, colors and sizes. Within this collection, there are pearls ranging from grey to white and some beautiful pastels peach colors.
For your enjoyment, here are a few fun facts about pearls:
- Pearls are the only gemstone made by a living creature
- Pearls take their color from the inside of the mollusk they are grown in
- No two pearls are ever alike, just like snowflakes!
- Even the finest pearls will have surface characteristics or imperfections
- Pearls are grown in freshwater rivers and lakes or saltwater farms
- The most famous pearl in the world is La Peregrina and was once owned by Elizabeth Taylor
- Pearl prices are predicted to rise due to violent storms in the South Seas that wiped out many pearl farms recently
Be sure to stay up to date with special events and sales we host by signing up for our email newsletter!